Careers with The Lawson Academy
The Lawson Academy is always looking for candidates who can join our dream team of compassionate and committed professionals. We believe that every child can learn and become his or her best self. The work is not easy, but the rewards are unmatched! This is where your passion can benefit the students who need you most.
- Certified Teachers. Responsible for teaching students in grades 6-8, this position is the teacher of record. To advance the mission of the academy while working in a school setting that cultivates respect for the culture(s) of all members of the learning community. All Academy teachers must demonstrate a desire to help students realize their fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. In accordance with the 5 key components of The Lawson Academy’s strategic action plan, Academy faculty and staff are committed to insuring successes in student achievement, student engagement, stakeholder focus, professional growth and development.
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Physical Education/Health
- Special Education
- Instructional Aide: The job of the Instructional Aide was established for the purpose(s) of working with individual and/or small groups of students under the supervision of a certified teacher in the supervision and instruction of students; reinforcing instruction to individual or small groups of students in a classroom environment, assisting students by modeling the necessary skills to perform assignments; following educational plans; modeling appropriate behaviors and interactions with students and staff; and assisting student. Employees in this classification will receive a variety of assignments including classroom support, lunchroom, playground, etc.
- Curriculum and Instructional Specialist is responsible for the facilitation and improvement of the school-wide instructional plan and response to intervention plan. This role requires strong collaborative, teaching, coaching, and leadership skills to support student programming and work in a team setting.
- Parent Engagement Liaison supports families and The Lawson Academy in building success through consistent daily attendance, parent involvement and education, and maintaining high academic expectations for all students.